Admin CP not accessible after upgrading to PHP 8.1
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1 participant

Hi there! My web host is forcing everyone to upgrade to PHP 8.1 going forward or else we need to pay an additional fee per month for additional depreciated PHP support, so I'm in the process of doing so, but I keep running into some hiccups.

I upgraded to MyBB 1.8.33 and removed some plugins that had PHP 8.1 issues, but I'm still getting quite a few errors, and whenever I try to go into my Admin CP while on PHP 8.1 I just get a generic 500 error. It works absolutely fine while on PHP 7.4. The only thing I change when that error starts happening is I upgraded my site to PHP 8.1.

I will say that I did change the folder name of my admin cp for additional security, but it's strange that it works fine in 7.4 and not in 8.1?

I'm also getting some general errors that I don't think are affiliated with plugins? Primarily language files, ie
  • Undefined property: MyLanguage::$forum_locked - Line: 26 - File: index.php(468)
  • Undefined property: MyLanguage::$forum_locked - Line: 27 - File: index.php(468)

Is on the index
  • Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617)

I can likely peruse them later, but the main issue is the Admin CP being inaccessible because jumping back and forth between PHP versions looking for errors is eating up a lot of time xD

Okay, it seems the problem was the Xthreads files being present. I had the plugin uninstalled, but because they were still present in my files it was causing an error that resulted in my admin cp crashing.

I got them all removed and I can access the cp again. Now is just a matter of going in and fixing the other errors I see. Just posting this here so if anyone else has the issue, the resolution is present!

https://community.mybb.com/thread-238277.html