Importing users from a CSV file
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1 participant

Hello all. I am brand new to this forum, and brand new to this product, so please be patient with me as I come up to speed! I'll be installing MyBB soon to stand up a new solution intended to replace my town's antiquated listserv for context.

I have previously use phpBB for years, and knew enough about PHP to be dangerous. I can also assemble a SQL script ok so I'm not afraid of a little coding if need be. And this question seems to have been partially asked and answered but I can't piece enough information together to make a workable solution.

I am looking for a plugin or complete script that will allow me to:

1. Import a list of existing users from a CSV file. The format will likely only include the username and email address.
2. Have it generate a temporary password that would need to be changed when the user logs on first time
3. Send a message to the user indicating their new account was created, show them their temporary password and ask them to log on and change it.

Does such a plugin or script exist already? Thanks all for your patience as I come up to speed here.

Brian

https://community.mybb.com/thread-239865.html